Phone (859) 257-7542
Fax (859) 257-7537
Room 414 W. P. Garrigus Building
Lexington KY 40546-0125
Ph.D. Iowa State University - Major: Nutritional Physiology 1988
M.S. North Carolina State University - Major: Animal Science 1983
B.S. University of Connecticut - Major: Animal Science 1981
Dr. Amaral-Phillips was raised on a commercial, family-operated dairy farm in Connecticut
Goals of my Extension Program
To educate dairy farmers, industry personnel, veterinarians, and county extension agents on the fundamentals of dairy nutrition and management. Specifically, my extension program strives to help Kentucky dairy farmers improve:
- Quality and quantity of forages fed to Kentucky cattle.
- Implementation and management of dairy feeding programs for the milking herd.
- Understanding of nutrition concepts.
- Feeding and management programs for heifers and dry cows.
- Feeding and management programs for dry dairy cows.
- Grazing practices for dairy operations- cows and replacement heifers.
- Fresh cow management practices to improve health and productivity.