Welcome to the UK Sheep Program
To meet needs of target audiences, programs vary from tradition to cutting edge. Ewe Profit Schools, initiated in 1977, offer hands-on, day-to-day, experience and training for new and developeding sheep producers. Winter Lambing and Shearing schools provide more intensive educational opportunities. Sheeprofit Day, a nationally recognized field day, has been attended by sheep producers from the state and region for 33 years.
Sheep News and Events
- Sept. 29 - AFS Reunion '23
- KY Master Small Ruminant Nutrition Course
- Ky Small Ruminant Profit School (online classes)
2023 AFS Alumni Newsletter
- Featuring Drs. Radcliffe, Ragland, Glenn, Lehmkuhler, McLeod, Rentfrow, Xiong, Trotta, Pescatore, Amaral-Phillips, Burris, Schendel; McKenzie Bell, Charity Moore, Jim Akers, Miranda Agbana, Sarah Carr
9/12•UK Animal & Food Sciences
- Sept. 29 is the Animal & Food Sciences Reunion
7/12•UK Animal & Food Sci.